Whether you are new to online sports betting or you’ve been in the game for some time, everyone needs a little help now and then. We’ve put together some useful tips and information about our frequently asked questions including passwords, account queries and SMS betting.
Register an account now and start betting with Betway today.
Forgot your Betway Password?
SMS the word Reset to 6446, we will reply with a new password within 15 minutes and you can logon with the new password and get back to betting on the biggest soccer games from around the world.
You can also reset your own customized password by clicking on “Forgot password” in the top right hand corner of your Betway account, then enter your mobile number (e.g. 579999333), you will then receive a code via SMS which you will be required to input in the “Reset Code” field, then enter your new password under “New Password” and click on “Request Password Reset”.
NB: Please ensure you are subscribed to receiving messages by dialing *196# then select allow all”.
It happens sometimes that your deposit made does not reflect immediately due to a temporary connection downtime. All you need to do is refresh your Betway account as follows:
Is your deposit not reflecting in your Betway account?
Please click on the Cash button on the top right hand side of your screen to refresh your balance.
Is your Free Bet not reflecting in your Betway account?
Please click on the Free Bet button on the top right hand side (next to “Cash” button) of your screen to refresh your balance.
Our SMS betting platform allows you place bets and complete other account tasks without having to log into your account online.
How do I register?
To register an account with Betway, SMS “Accept” to 6446 (after reading our terms and conditions). We will send you a confirmation SMS with your account details.
How do I place a bet via SMS?
You need to get the game IDs you want to place bets on by SMSing the word Games to 6446 and get Betway’s Top Games sent instantly. You can also SMS “Next” to 6446 to get Game IDs for the next games that are going to be played.
To place a single bet, SMS the Betway Game ID, the team you predict to win in the 90 min (Home=1, Draw=X, Away=2), and the amount you want to bet (note minimum bet USh 1000) to 6446.
To place a multi bet, SMS the Betway Game IDs, the team you predict to win in the 90 min (Home=1, Draw=X, Away=2), and the amount you wish to bet (note minimum bet USh1000 SMS How to Uganda) to 6446.
- Multimarket bet: A123#CS2-1#M456#2#T789#GG#G321#FS1#2000
To place a Jackpot bet SMS the Betway Jackpot ID (JP6, JP7 or JP15) and your selections to 6446.
We will always send you a confirmation of your bet, once you have staked your bet.
Both Teams to Score
To place a Both Team to Score Bet, you must SMS the Betway Game ID followed by a #BT and then your selection (Yes= Both teams will score, No= Either one or no teams will score), and the amount you want to bet to 6446.
- Single: A123#BTNo#50
- Multi-Bet: A123#BTYes#G456#BTNo#50
- To withdraw money from a Betway account you can SMS w#the amount you wish to withdraw#your Betway pin to 6446. E.g. w#1000#12345
- We will send you the following confirmation of your request: Your withdrawal request is being processed. SMS Balance to 6446 to get current balance of account.
- To check the balance of your Betway account you can SMS Balance to 6446
- We will send you your current Betway account balance. E.g. Your Betway balance is Ush356.
- To Reset a Betway account password, you can SMS Reset to 6446
- We will send you a new password E.g. Your password has been reset. Your new password is 67890. Regards Betway.
- You can SMS Next to 6446 to get the next upcoming games
- We will send you the next upcoming games. E.g. Next Games: GameId W224 Dortmund v Bayern 1(3.2) X(2.5) 2(2.2). Place your Bets on 6446
Get a fixture List
- SMS Fixtures to 6446 to get a link to download our latest fixture list
- We will send you a link for you to download Betway’s latest Fixture list
The reason could be that the betting type/market you selected is not what you had in mind. Our advice is that you always double check and make sure you understand the type of bet you are about to place. You are more than welcome to contact us should you have any issue in that regard.
Below are possible reasons to this:
- One or more games on your betslip haven’t played to completion yet
- When it comes to amateur, reverse or small leagues it sometimes may take a couple of hours for the league to confirm the match result
- Due to maintenance or any unforeseen technical issues
- If all games on a betslip have played and completed, please allow up to an hour and contact us if you still haven’t got the winnings on your Betway account.
Why am I unable to place a bet?
This could be due to a connection timeout on your mobile device or computer. We suggest that you do the follow steps to try and resolve the matter:
- Log out from your Betway account
- Clear the cache and cookies on your Internet browser as well as all temporary files
- Log back in and try again
- Should the issue persist please try from a different device or computer, and check that check that your internet connection is well up and running
- If the matter is still not resolved please contact us and ensure you have the exact error message, the list of your betting selections and a screenshot of the error if possible so we may be able to investigate and fix the problem for you
How to bet?
In order to place a bet you will need to firstly log into your account, once logged in a tab of available sports to bet on will display, this is ordered by popularity per region.
- Navigate to Betway's home page for the latest upcoming fixtures
- Click on More bet types/leagues to choose your market and league
- Add your selections to the Betslip by tapping or clicking on them
- Once you are done with your selections, confirm your bet on the Betslip
How do I use my Free Bet?
- Log on to your Betway account
- Click on the Sport or Live tab
- Make your predictions/selections
- Then click on “Use My Free Bet”
- Confirm your bet
How do I view my Betting History?
- Log on to your Betway account
- Click on “My Account” tab on the top right hand corner
- Click on “My Bet” tab
- The “Open Bets” tab will populate the bets which are still to be resulted, while the “Settled Bets” populates your resulted or settled bets
How does Early Cashout work?
Early cash out is an offer which allows you to get money back on your bet before the game you have bet on is over.
The amount of money you get back is determined at the time you accept the offer and will depend upon the current likelihood of the bet winning or not – so it could be greater or less than the initial stake, but never more than the initial potential return.
Visit our Sports page today and start betting on various sporting events across the globe including soccer, tennis, basketball and rugby.
Deposit methods available
We currently accept deposits from Airtel Mobile/ USSD and MTN Mobile Money.
If your deposit doesn’t reflect a few minutes after refreshing your Betway balance please contact us via live chat or email us the full SMS confirmation you received from your Mobile Money provider so we can track down your deposit.
Deposits are normally credited to your Betway account instantly. Should there be any Network failure or ongoing maintenance at the time of your deposit, this may take up to 48 hours to reflect on your Betway account or could be reversed back to your Mobile Money account.
How to deposit
Once you are logged on to your account, click on “My Account”, and then click on “Deposit Funds” you will see the list of withdrawal options available. Select your preferred deposit method and it will display the steps to follow in order to make a successful deposit.
Discover Uganda’s best online casino games in between kick-offs, where you have a choice of endless entertainment at any time of day and wherever you are. You can now enjoy online gaming with complete freedom and access to 100s of fun casino games on your mobile device or on your desktop computer.
Airtel USSD deposit steps:
- Dial *185 #
- Select Option 5 [Payments]
- Select Option 3 [Betting and Gaming]
- Select Option 2 [Betway]
- Enter Amount
- Enter Reference [Reason for paying]
- Confirm Payment with PIN
Why did I receive less than the prize amount offer?
- Because the prize amount is shared among all winners. E.g. if the prize amount is USh 1,000 and 8 people won it means each person will receive USh 125
- You chose a stake per line on your ticket that is lower than the default unit stake on the Jackpot. For example, in a 1X2 Pick 5 pool, a USh 2 stake per line plays for USh 5,000, a USh 0.50 stake per line plays for USh 1,250 and a USh 0.20 stake per line plays for USh 500.
How many people won?
You can see how many winning units there are in any recently settled pool by following the below steps:
- Click on the Jackpot tab
- Then click on “Results” on the right inside of the page
- Select the option “Completed” and this will populate the list of Jackpots resulted
- Click on the relevant Jackpot and this will give you a prize breakdown
Why is the number of winning units (winners) not a whole number?
This is due to variable bet amounts placed. A full one unit is when you use Ush 2,000 to place a jackpot bet, but if you use for instance Ush 1,000 this will be considered as 0.5 unit instead 1 unit.
How to place a Jackpot bet?
- Click on the Jackpot tab
- Select which Jackpot you would like to bet on
- Make your selections in each game
- The default bet amount is Ush 4, if you are happy with that please click on “Play for Ush4”
How are Syndicate Prizes Split?
When a Syndicate wins a jackpot, the prize is split among all Syndicate contributors in proportion to the percentage of their contributions towards the ticket.
For example, if the total cost of a Syndicate ticket is 100 and you have contributed 10, you own 10% of that ticket. And if it goes on to win 1000, you will receive 100, provided that it’s the only winning ticket for the pool.
How does a Syndicate Cash out work?
- Syndicate tickets can receive Cash Out offers like regular tickets when they are eligible to win a prize
- Captains only may be able to accept the offer and will often use their social media profiles to communicate their Cash Out decisions or poll contributors on their opinion. So staying in touch with them on your preferred platform is a good idea
- All Syndicate contributors will be able to see available Cash Out offers, but only the Syndicate Captain can decide to cash out fully or partially
What happens if a syndicate isn’t fully funded?
If your Syndicate ticket does not get fully funded by the time the first game kicks off, all funds contributed (including yours) will be automatically returned to the respective contributors’ accounts and the ticket will be voided.
What is a rollover?
If It’s a carried forward Jackpot prize not won from the previous Jackpot matches, which increases the prize for the next Jackpot prize. E.g: A rollover on a Pick 6 pool will be carried forward to the next Pick 6 pool. You can see any current rollover amounts for a pool in the expandable section of the pool header.
Betway withdrawal times
Withdrawals are paid instantly (up to a limit of Ush2,500 000 per day).
Method of payment:
Withdrawals are paid back to same mobile number you initially deposited from, and please bear in mind that this mobile number cannot be changed once the account has been registered.
If your withdrawal does not process instantly, this will be investigated and reprocessed (paid) within the next 24 hours. If it has been more than 24 hours and you have still not received your withdrawal please contact our dedicated call centre and one of our agents will gladly assist you.
A withdrawal may be delayed due to various reasons, such as maintenance, network errors (MTN, Airtel, etc), or the mobile money accounts may experience downtime.
How to withdraw:
In order to request a withdrawal you would need to log into your Betway account, Click on “My Account” and then click on “Withdraw Funds”.
You can also SMS w#the amount you wish to withdraw#your Betway pin to 6446. E.g. w#1000#12345.
Once the withdrawal has been requested you will receive an SMS confirmation.
Can I get my withdrawals in cash?
Yes, all your winnings will be displayed on your current balance in cash.
NB: You need to make at least one deposit on your Betway account and place a bet first before being eligible to withdraw any cash balance